Home > Business Opportunities > Chemicals & Plastics > Other Chemicals > Other Chemicals
||Wuhan LANDMARK Industrial Co., Ltd.
||Jiang'an District of Wuhan
||10/10/19 7:58 GMT
Name: sodium cinnamate
Click to Enlarge
CAS No.: 538-42-1
Molecular weight: 170.1404
Sulfate content: <0.01%
Iron content: <0.1%
Heavy metal content: <0.5%
Total chlorine content: <0.01%
Content: more than 99%
Appearance: White to slightly yellow glittering crystals. It has a sweet balsamic
and honey smell.
Product use: In the international market, sodium cinnamate is usually used as a
raw material for essence and spices.It is used to prepare artificial ambergris. It
is used as a flavoring agent in oriental flavors, and also used as a flavoring
material for soap, cosmetic and food fruit flavors.
Detailed description: sweet aroma and honey aroma, like the smell of ambergris. Do
not dissolve in water, soluble in ethanol. It is found in Suhe balsam, tolu balsam
and Peru balsam. Used to formulate artificial ambergris, also used as
Dingxiang and tone change agent. It is prepared by transesterification of methyl
cinnamate with an excess of benzyl alcohol or by the action of sodium cinnamate
and benzyl chloride.
Preparation method: reacting cinnamic acid with aqueous sodium carbonate solution,
and drying by concentration
1. It can be used to manufacture intermediates such as benzyl chloride, cinnamyl
chloride and cinnamamide.
2. It is also suitable for improving the cooling system and automobile resistance
pad of various engine equipment, which is beneficial to long-distance use of
3. Can also be used in pharmaceutical intermediates and cosmetics.
4. Sodium cinnamate is soluble in water and is a good food preservative.
5. Sodium cinnamate is a pharmaceutical intermediate for the anticoagulant Ozagrel
6. This product can be used as a photosensitive material
1. Food: dairy food, meat food, baked food, pasta, seasoning food, etc.
2. Medicine: health food, filler, pharmaceutical raw materials, etc.
3. Industrial manufacturing: petroleum, manufacturing, agricultural products,
batteries, precision castings, etc.
4. Tobacco products: can replace the glycerin to make the flavor of the tobacco,
5. Cosmetics: facial cleanser, cosmetic cream, lotion, shampoo, mask, etc.
6. Feed: canned pets, animal feed, aquatic feed, vitamin feed, veterinary drug
SOURCE: Import-Export Bulletin Board (http://www.imexbb.com/)
Involved in International Trade? Become an Advertiser!
Post a Business Opportunity
© 1996-2010 IMEXBB.com. All rights reserved.